Hélène Jonker writes a bi-weekly immigration law column in a local newspaper. These columns are also featured below.

Working holiday scheme

Students from specific countries, younger than 30 years of age, may apply for a one year residence permit allowing them to work in the Netherlands and to become familiar with the Dutch culture. The residence permit may not be extended. It is possible to apply for a new residence permit on specific grounds.