Hélène Jonker writes a bi-weekly immigration law column in a local newspaper. These columns are also featured below.

Friendschip Treaties

American and Japanese nationals may obtain a residence permit by establishing a company in the Netherlands without having to demonstrate that their business serves a Dutch interest and has an added value to the Dutch economy. Although the residence permit application seems to be relatively easy, one must be aware of existing pitfalls.