Hélène Jonker writes a bi-weekly immigration law column in a local newspaper. These columns are also featured below.

EU nationals

Nationals (and their immediate family members) of the member states of the European Union, Switzerland and Norway may reside in the Netherlands without a residence permit. The passport is sufficient evidence to prove that the EU national my live and work (with the exception of Croatian nationals who do require specific work authorisation) in the Netherlands. Local registration in the municipality where the EU national will be living is necessary.

Family members of EU nationals who do not have the nationality of one of the member states of the EU, Switzerland and Norway- the so-called third country nationals-  do require an entry visa.

Permanent residency may be requested after having lived in the Netherlands for five consecutive years. We can answer any questions that you have.